Champagne and You – Part 1
First in a two-part series of champagne and sparkling wine tasting events at the Workshop Tasting Room in the North End of Tacoma.
A Workshop Tasting Room Event.
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016.
4:00pm – 7:00pm.
Event tasting fee: $5.00
This is a sensory event to taste exciting champagne and sparkling wines! Workshop Tasting Room is Tacoma’s newest wine store and event space and a gem tucked away in the North End. Discover us and our hand-picked, beautifully crafted value wines at this tasting!
We love sparkling bubbles and imagine you’ve always loved champagne. You already associate it with many occasions in your life, right?
But what sort of connoisseur are you? Let’s take time at this event to look at the color of the champagne. To smell the irresistible aroma and distinguish between subtle, delicate and powerful aromas in these wines. Let’s unveil the secrets of what you taste on your palate.
We’re pouring an amazing selection of exquisite bubblies. Prepare to enjoy this selection of delights:
- Champagne Herriot Brut Souverain NV: 91 points from Wine Spectator. An impeccably balanced champagne from the House of Henriot, family owned and run since 1808.
- Champagne Moutard Buxeuil Brut Grand Cuvée NV: 91 points from Wine Spectator/90 W.A. A 100% Pinot Noir blend of several vintages matured in the bottle for three years. Impressive notes of brioche, nuts, and red berries permeate a rich and seamless palate. Records of the house date back to 1700’s.
- Azienda Agricola FRANCO MONDO DOCG 2015: The lengthy fermentation on this Moscato d’Asti wine guarantees finesse and slight sparkle with characteristic scents of the Moscato grapes.
- De Chanceny Cremant de Loire Rosé NV: The fruit comes from 20- to 30-year-old vines for wine with a delicate, sprightly nose; aromas of fresh red fruit; and incomparably fine bubbles.
- Laluca Prosecco: A nose of orchard fruits, crisp pears, and lemon curd, all of which come together in a rich, creamy off-dry style. A beautiful aperitif.
- Marques de Gelida Brut Exclusive Gran Reserva Sparkling Cava 2012: Full of wonderful brioche aromas, apple and pears, with weight on the palate and wonderful texture. 100% Methode Champenoise Reserva Cava.
- Antica Fratta Brut DOCG: A refined project that brings together bubbles and glamor. An elegantly fresh, vivacious and full Franciacorta, characterized by fruity and floral aromas from Chardonnay grapes.
— Victoria Johnson, Owner, Proprietor, and Box Mover.
P.S. Save the date! …For “Champagne and You – Part 2”- November 5, 2016.
Workshop Tasting Room & Event Venue
A great place to taste wine in the North End of Tacoma.
3906 N. 34th Street, Tacoma, Washington 98407
206-250-2854 • WorkshopTastingRoom.Com • Join us on Facebook.
Featured image: cc 2008 Simon Law via Wikimedia Commons.